The purpose of Goldmine is to delve back into the past and dig up gems from past publications. Many of them are still hugely relevant to us today so need to be shared with the current generation of Christian broadcasters.
Much of this material is drawn from Ricefields Journal which was first published by the Radio in Church-planting Evangelism initiative of the Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization in 1988. It was edited by Frank Gray but drew on the wide experience of a number of Christian professionals who worked in radio and the broadcast media. These include Jim Bowman, Phill Butler, Jim Engel, Ross James, and Knud Jorgensen, Robert McLeish, Nick Page, and many others.
Readers are encouraged to also submit suggestions for timely articles which they would like to recommend for Christian broadcasters.
Read the full article by clicking on the link...
- What's In a Word? by Jim Bowman, former president of FEBC International
- Can Radio Change People? by Dr. Knud Jorgensen, formerly of Radio Voice of the Gospel in Ethiopia and Lutheran World Federation
- The Use of Sound by Dr. Ross James of HCR reveals some simple discoveries about how the broadcaster uses sound to good effect.
- The Christian and Public Media - Part 1: by Nick Page, a former BBC Radio2 presenter who has been engaged with Christian media for many years.
- The Christian and Public Media - Part 2
- Church, Radio and Community: by Dr Phill Butler, formerly director of Interdev and author of Well Connected.
Last updated 15 Dec 2010
Link to Home